March 9, 2014
Apple agrees to refund $32.5M for kids' purchases - Yahoo News
WASHINGTON (AP) — Jackie Nussbaum knew her son liked playing DragonVale on the family iPad — a colorful game with soothing music and chirping birds where kids raise adorable baby dragons. What she didn't realize was that he was buying virtual gems — with real money — to build his dragon park as part of the game.
When she opened her credit card statement, she saw a slew of charges from Apple, totaling $600 in one day.
"I thought it was a mistake, that someone had stolen my credit card," said Nussbaum, a mother of two children in Westerville, Ohio. Apple told her the charges were valid purchases from the game DragonVale.
"I almost choked," she said in an interview. "It was shocking."
Read more...Apple agrees to refund $32.5M for kids' purchases - Yahoo News
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (22)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- Gmail Traffic Between Google Servers Now Encrypted...
- Lightning-fast Internet from Google may come to Ph...
- Feds push for tracking devices in all new cars | T...
- Google Hopes Designer Frames Will Make Glass Less ...
- Watch for signs of ID theft
- Federal ban on drones doesn’t stop photography
- Google builds a 'Nest' for future of smart homes -...
- Apple agrees to refund $32.5M for kids' purchases ...
- Tweets and threats: Gangs find new home on the Net...
- Gas prices expected to decline in next 2 years
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2013 (126)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)