February 9, 2014
App-boosted bicycle wheel helps pedal | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — A Massachusetts startup is launching a new device that transforms almost any bicycle into an electric-hybrid vehicle using an app on a smartphone.
The device, called the Copenhagen Wheel, is installed as part of a rear hub of a bike wheel and is packed with a proprietary computer, batteries and sensors that monitor how hard a rider is pedaling and activate an onboard motor whenever support is needed. The device uses wireless connectivity to communicate with the biker’s smartphone to track distance traveled and elevation gained, share with friends the number of calories burned and lock the wheel remotely as soon as the owner walks away from the bike.
Read more...App-boosted bicycle wheel helps pedal | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- Selling social media clicks becomes big business -...
- Tip: How to bank safely online at home
- Texas library offers glimpse of bookless future
- Apple CEO Signals Company Plans to Broaden Allianc...
- New Mesa police officers to try wearing cameras 24...
- App-boosted bicycle wheel helps pedal | The Portla...
- ▼ February (6)
- ► 2013 (126)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)