October 26, 2013
NASA preparing to launch 3-D printer into space
MOFFETT FIELD, California (AP) — NASA is preparing to launch a 3-D printer into space next year, a toaster-sized game changer that greatly reduces the need for astronauts to load up with every tool, spare part or supply they might ever need.
The printers would serve as a flying factory of infinite designs, creating objects by extruding layer upon layer of plastic from long strands coiled around large spools. Doctors use them to make replacement joints and artists use them to build exquisite jewelry.
Read more...NASA preparing to launch 3-D printer into space
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- NSA backlash sparks new technology - World - CBC N...
- ‘Sugar daddy’ websites see uptick amid shutdown
- NYSE Runs A Twitter IPO Trial To Avoid NASDAQ's Fa...
- Twitter & TV | Twitter for Business
- Trade-in options abound for smartphones - Salon.co...
- Street Legal $170,000 Mini Formula One Races Along...
- NASA preparing to launch 3-D printer into space
- F.A.A. Nears New Rules on Devices - NYTimes.com
- High-tech update makes $100 bill harder to fake
- How Twitter's I.P.O. Filing Evolved to Contain New...
- Could the Silk Road Closure be Good for Bitcoin? :...
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)