A massive new solar plant near Gila Bend that has the unique ability to produce power long after the sun sets has begun sending power to the grid.
The Solana Generating Station was built by Abengoa Solar, a subsidiary of a Spanish company, and it is sending test power to Arizona Public Service Co. The plant is expected to reach its full capacity in October.
Once it’s fully up and running, Solana will, for a time at least, be the largest power plant of its kind in the world.
Read more...APS solar plant produces electricity, even after dark
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- APS solar plant produces electricity, even after d...
- Off-limits phone data was tracked for 3 years - US...
- Danica Patrick Better For Go Daddy’s Brand Than Va...
- Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch unveiled: 'slimmer,...
- YellowJacket iPhone Case with Stun Gun Hope to Det...
- Hackers Reveal Nasty New Car Attacks--With Me Behi...
- Microsoft to buy Nokia phones, patents for $7.2 bi...
- Testers of Google Glass weigh pros and cons - USAT...
- Scientists test simpler, cheaper IVF method
- Telemarketers ignoring Do Not Call law | Appleton ...
- TiVo Roamio Pro - Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) -...
- A scientific guide to posting Tweets, Facebook pos...
- China's Social Media Revolution
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)