As the brains behind “The Greatest Music Ever Created and How it Ruined Our Lives,” an Internet music show produced in Mesa, Eric Braverman had interviewed such long-haired luminaries as Ted Nugent, Metallica, Slayer and Slipknot.
But he thought he could do more for metal, Braverman says, if he had his own MTV-style network. And he wanted it online.
“I didn’t understand why Iron Maiden wasn’t on Jay Leno all the time,” Braverman says with a laugh. “So I was like, ‘Can I just make my own heavy-metal television channel that works like an actual TV channel?’ And my technical people were like, ‘Yeah, you can.’ ”
He found financial backing in Sharon Chambers of Down to Earth, a music-management company in Los Angeles. And with that funding, Heavy Metal Television made its Internet debut Oct. 30 — or Devil’s Night.
Read more...Heavy Metal Television hiring music video DJs in Phoenix
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Google Glass beta test generates excitement, innov...
- Can the Fashion Industry Make Google Glasses Chic?...
- Microsoft details 3D printing in Windows 8.1 | PCW...
- Heavy Metal Television hiring music video DJs in P...
- Bezos, Amazon’s Founder, to Buy The Washington Pos...
- The First Lab-Grown Hamburger Is Served | Popular ...
- Facebook leaps into games publishing | news10.net
- A real keyboard for smartphones, tabs
- GoDaddy poised for more growth
- Arizona home to one of world’s largest solar plant...
- Scottsdale arming officers with body cameras
- QR Gameplan uses tech for tailored ads - USATODAY....
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)