Google Glass, the search engine giant’s augmented reality device, is in the hands of a select few beta testers -- and among them, a small number of educators. While many instructors say they will spend the fall semester determining whether the gadget deserves a role in the classroom, Glass is already affecting how some medical professors teach their craft.
Since Glass was announced in 2012, developers and users itching to stay at the bleeding edge of technology have conjured up ideas about the device's potential. Indeed, Google’s February raffle on Twitter and its own social network, Google+, invited anyone to justify why they deserve an early version of Glass -- in 50 words or less -- using the hashtag “#ifihadglass.” If chosen, raffle winners still had to shell out $1,500.
Read more...Google Glass beta test generates excitement, innovation among medical professionals | Inside Higher Ed
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Google Glass beta test generates excitement, innov...
- Can the Fashion Industry Make Google Glasses Chic?...
- Microsoft details 3D printing in Windows 8.1 | PCW...
- Heavy Metal Television hiring music video DJs in P...
- Bezos, Amazon’s Founder, to Buy The Washington Pos...
- The First Lab-Grown Hamburger Is Served | Popular ...
- Facebook leaps into games publishing | news10.net
- A real keyboard for smartphones, tabs
- GoDaddy poised for more growth
- Arizona home to one of world’s largest solar plant...
- Scottsdale arming officers with body cameras
- QR Gameplan uses tech for tailored ads - USATODAY....
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)