August 21, 2013
Facebook leaps into games publishing | news10.net
SAN FRANCISCO -- Facebook wants a cut of the revenue from the mobile games business.
The company today said it plans to take a role beyond its position of games platform to that of promoter and publisher. Facebook's new pilot program, dubbed Mobile Games Publishing, will allow it to promote small- and medium-sized games and take a cut in the sales in return.
"We are invested in the success of these games, and in exchange for a revenue share, we will be collaborating deeply with developers in our program by helping them attract high-quality, long-term players for their games," Facebook said in a blog post.
Read more...Facebook leaps into games publishing | news10.net
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Google Glass beta test generates excitement, innov...
- Can the Fashion Industry Make Google Glasses Chic?...
- Microsoft details 3D printing in Windows 8.1 | PCW...
- Heavy Metal Television hiring music video DJs in P...
- Bezos, Amazon’s Founder, to Buy The Washington Pos...
- The First Lab-Grown Hamburger Is Served | Popular ...
- Facebook leaps into games publishing | news10.net
- A real keyboard for smartphones, tabs
- GoDaddy poised for more growth
- Arizona home to one of world’s largest solar plant...
- Scottsdale arming officers with body cameras
- QR Gameplan uses tech for tailored ads - USATODAY....
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)