June 2, 2013
Microsoft Releases Xbox One Videogame Console - WSJ.com
Microsoft Corp. MSFT -0.37% unveiled a reinvented Xbox videogame console Tuesday, demonstrating an advanced motion and voice-control system and new television functions as it tries to thrust the machine back into the spotlight amid changing consumer habits.
The Redmond, Wash., software giant said its new device, dubbed Xbox One, was designed to take advantage of new technologies to offer customers ways to play games while responding to trends such as the popularity of smartphones and tablets.
Microsoft also integrated technology from its Skype video chatting subsidiary into Xbox One, allowing customers to interact with friends using a more refined version of the Kinect motion and speech sensor.
Xbox One also can play and control live television streaming from a cable or satellite set-top box.
Read more: Microsoft Releases Xbox One Videogame Console - WSJ.com
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Gannett in $2.2 Bil Deal to Acquire Belo Station G...
- New Myspace takes it back to the future | The Japa...
- Agile, simple iOS 7 could be heaven for Apple user...
- Gov't proposes rules for self-driving cars
- Wearable-technology pioneer Thad Starner on how Go...
- Internet Marriages on Rise in Some Immigrant Commu...
- 12 Ways for Brands to Engage on Social Media (And ...
- With high-tech guns, users could disable remotely ...
- Microsoft Releases Xbox One Videogame Console - WS...
- Apple CEO Tim Cook strongly defends tax policy at ...
- Hell No, Tumblr Users Won’t Go To Yahoo! | TechCru...
- Facebook, Twitter Execs Talk Advertising at D11
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)