June 2, 2013
Hell No, Tumblr Users Won’t Go To Yahoo! | TechCrunch
We’ve all by now heard about how Yahoo is trying to get some “cool” with a supposed $1 billion purchase of hip blogging platform Tumblr, but it may be a moot point if Tumblr’s users fail to stick around post-sale.
Microsoft and Facebook may be trying to make a move ahead of Yahoo, Tumblr may be inching ever closer to running out of cash, and (despite that) may not be afraid to play a little hardball. But here’s something you’re not hearing much about: Tumblr’s users are almost universally unhappy with the news that the site might get sold to Yahoo. And they may let their fingers do the talking, and the walking.
Do a search on Tumblr for “yahoo” and you get a stream of distress, interspersed with the occasional bit of helpless resignation, and some calls for activism. The voices of reluctant acceptance (usually because of the aforementioned cash situation) or anything like positivity are few and far between. No outright enthusiasm.
Read more: Hell No, Tumblr Users Won’t Go To Yahoo! | TechCrunch
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Gannett in $2.2 Bil Deal to Acquire Belo Station G...
- New Myspace takes it back to the future | The Japa...
- Agile, simple iOS 7 could be heaven for Apple user...
- Gov't proposes rules for self-driving cars
- Wearable-technology pioneer Thad Starner on how Go...
- Internet Marriages on Rise in Some Immigrant Commu...
- 12 Ways for Brands to Engage on Social Media (And ...
- With high-tech guns, users could disable remotely ...
- Microsoft Releases Xbox One Videogame Console - WS...
- Apple CEO Tim Cook strongly defends tax policy at ...
- Hell No, Tumblr Users Won’t Go To Yahoo! | TechCru...
- Facebook, Twitter Execs Talk Advertising at D11
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)