June 15, 2013
Gov't proposes rules for self-driving cars
The agency released a set of proposed rules and regulations for autonomous vehicles Thursday while, at the same time, announcing plans for its own research programs looking into self-driving technology.
NHTSA recommends that states issue separate driver licenses, or at least special driver license endorsements, for those who wish to operate autonomous vehicles. These special licenses or endorsements should be given only after someone has completed a training that would cover such things as how and when to take over control of a vehicle.
Read more: Gov't proposes rules for self-driving cars
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Gannett in $2.2 Bil Deal to Acquire Belo Station G...
- New Myspace takes it back to the future | The Japa...
- Agile, simple iOS 7 could be heaven for Apple user...
- Gov't proposes rules for self-driving cars
- Wearable-technology pioneer Thad Starner on how Go...
- Internet Marriages on Rise in Some Immigrant Commu...
- 12 Ways for Brands to Engage on Social Media (And ...
- With high-tech guns, users could disable remotely ...
- Microsoft Releases Xbox One Videogame Console - WS...
- Apple CEO Tim Cook strongly defends tax policy at ...
- Hell No, Tumblr Users Won’t Go To Yahoo! | TechCru...
- Facebook, Twitter Execs Talk Advertising at D11
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)