June 2, 2013
Apple CEO Tim Cook strongly defends tax policy at Senate hearing - latimes.com
WASHINGTON — Apple Inc. Chief Executive Tim Cook strongly defended the company's tax practices Tuesday at a Senate hearing highlighting the technology giant's use of Irish subsidiaries to shelter billions of dollars in income from U.S. taxes.
"We pay all the taxes we owe — every single dollar," Cook told the Senate's Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations.
"We not only comply with the laws but we comply with the spirit of the laws," he said. "We don't depend on tax gimmicks."
Cook said the tax code "has not kept up with the digital age" and restricts the free movement of capital in comparison to the codes of other countries. He called for a "dramatic simplification of the corporate tax code," including lower tax rates and a "reasonable tax on foreign earnings."
He said Apple was "deeply committed to our country's welfare."
Read more: Apple CEO Tim Cook strongly defends tax policy at Senate hearing - latimes.com
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (22)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Gannett in $2.2 Bil Deal to Acquire Belo Station G...
- New Myspace takes it back to the future | The Japa...
- Agile, simple iOS 7 could be heaven for Apple user...
- Gov't proposes rules for self-driving cars
- Wearable-technology pioneer Thad Starner on how Go...
- Internet Marriages on Rise in Some Immigrant Commu...
- 12 Ways for Brands to Engage on Social Media (And ...
- With high-tech guns, users could disable remotely ...
- Microsoft Releases Xbox One Videogame Console - WS...
- Apple CEO Tim Cook strongly defends tax policy at ...
- Hell No, Tumblr Users Won’t Go To Yahoo! | TechCru...
- Facebook, Twitter Execs Talk Advertising at D11
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)