March 17, 2013
Facebook 'Likes' reveal personality traits - San Antonio Express-News
Every day, millions of people click on Facebook “Like” buttons, boldly declaring their preferences for a variety of things, such as books, movies and cat videos. But those “likes” may reveal more than they intend, such as sexual orientation, drug use and religious affiliation, according to a study that analyzed the online behavior of thousands of volunteers.
Your preferences define you. Researchers have known for decades that people's personal attributes — gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, and personality type — correlate with their choice of products, concepts and activities.
Read more: Facebook 'Likes' reveal personality traits - San Antonio Express-News
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Peoria girls take anti-bullying message to Web rad...
- For kids, Snapchat and Instagram alternative to Fa...
- 3-D printers manufacture magic | The Clarion-Ledge...
- How the internet is making us poor – Quartz
- Cash registers fade away as smartphones, tablets t...
- Ariz. gets $327,000 in Google settlement
- The pope's back on Twitter, triggers surge in doma...
- U.S. urges China to rein in hackers
- Facebook 'Likes' reveal personality traits - San A...
- Facebook Promises a 'New Look for News Feed' | Gad...
- Go Daddy gears up for a rush
- New Samsung Galaxy S4? Meh.
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)