March 17, 2013
Go Daddy gears up for a rush
Scottsdale’s Go Daddy Inc. is gearing up for a bonanza over the next two years as the Internet is flooded with an estimated 1,400 new domain-name extensions including .home, .web, .app, .shop and .blog.
Go Daddy, the world’s largest registrar of Internet domain names, expects a major boost in business as the new extensions, known as top-level domains, begin to hit the market this summer at an estimated rate of about 20 per week.
The availability of descriptive top-level domains will present new opportunities for consumers and businesses, but it also has the potential to cause confusion, Go Daddy officials said.
Read more: Go Daddy gears up for a rush
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Peoria girls take anti-bullying message to Web rad...
- For kids, Snapchat and Instagram alternative to Fa...
- 3-D printers manufacture magic | The Clarion-Ledge...
- How the internet is making us poor – Quartz
- Cash registers fade away as smartphones, tablets t...
- Ariz. gets $327,000 in Google settlement
- The pope's back on Twitter, triggers surge in doma...
- U.S. urges China to rein in hackers
- Facebook 'Likes' reveal personality traits - San A...
- Facebook Promises a 'New Look for News Feed' | Gad...
- Go Daddy gears up for a rush
- New Samsung Galaxy S4? Meh.
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)