FORTUNE — Samsung's splashy launch party for its fourth-generation Galaxy S mobile device isn't going have much of an impact in its war with Apple. That's because the battleground for dominance in the mobile space has shifted away from the hardware and physical design of phones and toward their software, specifically the operating system. The real battle for mobile dominance looks like this: Apple, with its iOS ecosystem, is in one corner and Google, with its Android system, is in the other. Whichever wins over consumers will ultimately decide the victory. Read more... http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/03/15/s4/
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Peoria girls take anti-bullying message to Web rad...
- For kids, Snapchat and Instagram alternative to Fa...
- 3-D printers manufacture magic | The Clarion-Ledge...
- How the internet is making us poor – Quartz
- Cash registers fade away as smartphones, tablets t...
- Ariz. gets $327,000 in Google settlement
- The pope's back on Twitter, triggers surge in doma...
- U.S. urges China to rein in hackers
- Facebook 'Likes' reveal personality traits - San A...
- Facebook Promises a 'New Look for News Feed' | Gad...
- Go Daddy gears up for a rush
- New Samsung Galaxy S4? Meh.
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)