February 15, 2013
New focus on security and data portability as Cloud gets overcrowded - Cloud Tech News
As the meteoric rise of the cloud continues, IT leaders are pushing for better standards to address key issues such as security and data portability in the cloud.
Only last month another organisation joined the demand for standards. IBM-backed Cloud Standards Customer Council, www.cloud-council.org, announced its committee members which include Citigroup, Costco Wholesale and Deere & Co as well as launching its working groups covering such topics as: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); Software as a Service (SaaS); and Platform as a Service (PaaS), Interoperability in the Cloud, Business Patterns for the Cloud, Legal Considerations for the Cloud, Social Business Cloud Standards and industry-related working groups focusing on Cloud Requirements, including: Education, Financial Services, Government, Retail and Telecommunications.
Read more: New focus on security and data portability as Cloud gets overcrowded - Cloud Tech News
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- Yahoo hopes redesign attracts more users - SFGate
- Hear, hear! Scientists create human-like ears with...
- 3D Printers Help Build Robohand for 5-Year-Old
- CenturyLink is moving into cable-television busine...
- Commercial cyber spying offers rich payoff
- The Pebble Smart Watch: A Hands-On Review - Forbes...
- No Wonder Apple Wants to Get into the Smartwatch B...
- Comcast Bets Big on TV, Movies - ABC News
- Go Daddy buys Calif. Web app maker
- Dell agrees to $24.4bn buyout- The Inquirer
- Bashas' supermarket chain hit by cyber attack - Ea...
- New focus on security and data portability as Clou...
- ‘Facebook vacations’: Droves of users take breaks ...
- Ride-hailing apps offer new way around town
- Words, copy, content and opportunity | Inman News
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)