January 19, 2013
Cox doubles down on live streaming with new TV app
Cox Communications continued to build on its investment in live TV streaming, unveiling its latest mobile app at a CES presser. Developed in partnership with Cisco, the yet unnamed app will feature 90 live channels, On Demand content and personalized video recommendations for up to eight household members. Folks who don't quite feel the recommendations they receive will also be able to "like," "dislike" or "suspend" them. Cox apparently plans to place its proverbial eggs into this one basket, eventually integrating all its mobile applications into the app. Cox has been busy releasing all sorts of digital offerings in the last few years, including the Cox TV Connect app in late 2011 as well as its Cox Mobile Connect apps. The new app is slated to debut on the iPad first but will be available on more devices by the end of the year. For more details, check out the PR after the break.
Read more: Cox doubles down on live streaming with new TV app
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2017 (23)
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- BlackBerry Z10 officially announced - SlashGear
- Fake Amazon Page Is The Best Resume Ever!
- Architect Proposes Plan for 3D Print Building
- How Investors Can Join the 3-D Printing Revolution...
- Google Shares Soar After Q4 Earnings Prove They “G...
- Apple’s profit rocket hits air pocket
- Anonymous hacks MIT after Aaron Swartz's suicide |...
- Here’s What Google's Eric Schmidt Said About North...
- Beware: Top 10 Scams of the Year [INFOGRAPHIC]
- RIM renames store to BlackBerry World as more cont...
- Social media opens doors
- Cox doubles down on live streaming with new TV app...
- Lego bricks to get cozy with Apple devices
- BBC News - CES 2013: Looking beyond 4k to the TVs ...
- Click, print, shoot: Downloadable guns possible
- Developers worried about new rules for kid apps
- Press Pause and Learn How Your DVR Actually Works
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2012 (117)
- ► 2011 (294)