YouTube has stepped up its assault on traditional TV by launching 60 new channels featuring broadcast-quality content made by top producers.
The Google-owned video website has linked up with media companies including Hat Trick, All3Media and ITN for the UK channels, which include the Jamie Oliver Food Channel, BBC Worldwide's On Earth and Mixmag TV.
YouTube's initiative is part of the Original Channels project launched last October in the US, which will roll out in France and Germany as well as the UK.
ITN Productions has created a channel called Truthloader, featuring reports from citizen journalists, and Grazia magazine and Gravity Road has produced Fashtag, with fashion features live from London's Carnaby Street.
Read more: YouTube takes on TV with launch of 60 new channels | Media | guardian.co.uk
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- ► 2013 (126)
- Four Steps to Integrate Social Media With Your Cur...
- Websites provide 'lasting' memorials
- How to Buy a Wireless Router | PCMag.com
- YouTube takes on TV with launch of 60 new channels...
- Microchip Technology brings out new gesture interf...
- How to Commit Internet Suicide and Disappear from ...
- Social Business Enlightenment - Forbes
- NYT: Google Casts a Big Shadow on Smaller Websites...
- Samsung Galaxy Note II Sales Top 3 Million
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2011 (294)