Meet the robotic "mayor" of Mars: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has checked in on the Red Planet using the mobile application Foursquare, marking the first-ever such check-in from the surface of another world. Foursquare users who check in to a particular venue more times than anybody else in the past 60 days become the "mayor" of that place. It would appear that Curiosity has the Mayor of Mars title pretty much sewn up. Curiosity will continue to check in at various locations throughout its Gale Crater landing site, posting photos and tips as it rolls along, NASA officials said. Read more: http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=scitech&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57525893/mars-rover-curiosity-checks-in-on-foursquare/&catid=57525893
Crave: The Gadget Blog
PCWorld Latest Technology News
CNET TV: Laptops
- ► 2016 (75)
- ► 2015 (94)
- ► 2014 (55)
- ► 2013 (126)
- Google Music Ready to Take on iTunes With Warner A...
- Amazon to tax sales in Arizona
- Google cameras map popular Grand Canyon trails
- Digital legacy
- Kansas case puts face on 'total identity theft'
- Cell phone thefts rise rapidly nationwide
- Draft order would give US firms cyberthreat info
- Japan’s Softbank to buy Sprint » Northwest Asian W...
- Panetta: Iran a cyberthreat - New York Daily News
- Together, we can enhance cybersecurity in the U.S....
- A Google Book Deal Is Good for Everyone—Except May...
- TV industry finds 3-D is no hit with viewers | The...
- T-Mobile USA to merge with MetroPCS - m.NYPOST.com...
- Mars Rover checks in on Foursquare
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2011 (294)